Church Insurance You Can Count On
Many congregations and Christian schools are dealing with an unexpected sharp increase in insurance premiums in recent years. Hail storms and harsh winter weather have caused excessive damage to many buildings, which translated into insurance claims for roof repair and water damage from burst pipes. Lawsuits, with or without justification, are a constant threat. Discount church insurance companies have quickly raised rates to avoid related losses.
Coverage that Protects Your Building and Your Budget
At Texas American Insurers, our long-term relationships with reputable church insurance companies ensure your church budget won’t fluctuate unnecessarily when your property insurance is up for renewal. If you are searching for consistent, professional insurance protection for all facets of your ministry, please contact our Lubbock or Fort Worth office for a discussion of your needs. We will provide competitive quotes for high-quality coverage.
We have learned that congregations appreciate a consistent deductible that isn’t based on a percentage of property values. No one can predict when disaster might strike the church property with fire or other damage, but you can rest assured that any financial losses will be manageable when your church insurance is from a company that stands behind its commitment.
Insurance for Your Church, Christian School or Religious Organization
Texas American Insurers will find the appropriate coverage for your church, religious organization, daycare center or Christian school. We have been serving the insurance needs of north Texas churches and non-profit organizations since 1950, and are experienced in evaluating their risk.
If your building is brand new or you have recently embarked on an urban pre-school ministry in the Metroplex, your insurance needs are different than those of the century-old congregation whose loyal members represent multiple generations of the same families.
We understand that every situation is unique. Let us consult with you about insurance solutions that will match your needs, whether it’s umbrella insurance for the new addition or appropriate professional liability protection for church staff, including pastors and teachers.
Types of Church Insurance
We offer a variety of church insurance solutions:
- Property insurance: provides for buildings and other structures. Coverage may be expanded to include equipment, such as computers and electronics; also, the personal property of others may be covered, such as the pastors, staff or members.
- General liability: essential coverage for the church to protect against legal liability in case people are injured or their property is damaged. Vehicle insurance: range of coverage for church-owned vehicles as well as hired or non-owned vehicles used to transport people for church-sponsored activities.
- Inland marine:covers equipment and other materials that may be transported from one location to another.
- Church medical: provides medical payments for injuries on church property or church activities away from the premises. Expand the protection to include daycare, school or athletic participants who are injured in accidents during activities supervised or organized by the church.
- Theft: broad protection for the church in the event of losses from crimes such as theft, employee dishonesty, forgery and more.
- Umbrella insurance: additional liability protection over and above the liability limits on other policies the church may have to shield against lawsuits.
- Workers compensation: pays for medical care of church employees who may be injured or get sick while at work.
We can also tailor liability insurance coverage to the particular needs of your church:
- Directors and officers (D&O): liability coverage for wrongful acts by directors, officers, trustees, ministers, business administrators and others.
- Misconduct liability: provides protection for the church from legal liability resulting from sexual misconduct by staff or volunteers.
- Professional liability
- Employment practices: protects the church in hiring situations that may include discrimination, wrongful termination or harassment.
- Employee benefits liability: covers against negligence, such as errors or omissions (E & O) arising from the administration of employee benefits programs.
Contact Texas American for a Church Insurance Quote
If you would like a consultation on insurance for your organization, contact an agent today. The agent will visit your congregation to gather the right information provide a quote from a top insurance company.